Lead Hydrodynamics Engineer
- To contribute actively to the further development of the (hydro)dynamic services for the offshore oil & gas and renewable energy markets.
- To provide expert support for tenders and proposals in a way that the demands of clients are met or exceeded.
- To lead research, engineering and consultancy projects in such a manner that clients are adequately supported, by agreeing on work approach, quality and timelines with clients and specialists.
- To supervise and monitor the project progress and quality of results.
- To present and clarify reports and results to clients.
- Workability studies for offshore operations
- To assist in managing physical Model Testing Programmes.
- To ensure adequate communication with clients and other internally and externally project stakeholders.
- To lead and coach (junior) colleagues.
- Concept analysis of floating structures and operations;
- Stability calculations (optionally);
- Mooring analysis;
- Offshore transport analysis and bollard pull calculations;
- Simulations for offshore operations;
- General hydrodynamic calculations;
- Diffraction analysis;
- Analysis of metocean data;
- Compiling basis of design for analysis;
BSc or MSc Naval Architecture or equivalent
5 years or more
- Passionate and enthusiastic about technology
- Solution driven
- Proactive attitude, presenting solutions to meet challenges
- Adaptable, flexible mindset, can handle multiple tasks
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Articulate, capable of motivating others
- Multidisciplinary interest
- Driven to continuously learn and develop
- Willingness to work internationally