Senior Instrument Engineer
Position requires thorough knowledge of instrumentation design and engineering techniques, as well as CAD and graphics skills. Responsible to plan and conduct independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Devise new approaches to problems, and prepare or modify drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs, and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes and accepted engineering practices.
Typical duties will include but not be limited to the preparation and/or modification of the following:
- Instrument drawings, data sheets, I/O wiring diagrams, P&IDs, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs.
- Project controls, cost estimates, quantity takeoffs and manpower requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Requires a broad knowledge of precedents in the specialty area and a solid knowledge of principles and practices of related technical areas.
- Requires a broad knowledge of the application of engineering to plant constructability as applied to construction methods and materials, and the economics involved.
- Performs assignments independently with instruction as to the general results expected and with guidance from Department Manager and or engineering specialist on unusual or complex problems.
- Provides technical direction and on-the-job training to Drafters, Designers, and less experienced Engineers.
- Assigns and coordinates work to Drafters, Designers, and Engineers.
- Assume the lead engineer’s role on assigned projects.
- May serve as Project Engineer and as a designated Client contact on smaller, less complex projects.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate program of assigned engineering work and projects.
- Assist in selection of discipline personnel assigned to projects.
- Ensure proper interdisciplinary coordination and effective communication on projects.
- Analyze reports, maps, drawings, tests, and other data to plan and design work.
- Assemble bid, approval, and construction issue drawing packages.
- Review bid analyses and make recommendations.
- Requires extensive and independent contact with Clients, vendor’s representatives and project field personnel. Attend and participate in Client and Eichleay meetings.
- Direct and/or participate in job site visits to collect or deliver design and engineering data.
- Use engineering and design computer software to complete assigned work.
Bachelor or Masters of Science degree in an engineering or scientific discipline
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
3-5 years as Senior Instrument Engineer
- (Auto)CAD familiarity
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Suite
- Familiarity with industrial computer systems, motor control, PLCs and DCSs
- Team player